Monday, November 07, 2005

LINK CRAZY TODAY!!

Ask and you shall receive...on many accounts. First, a couple weeks ago I had to give a list of 10 things I would bring back. One of the things I said was banana clips. Well low and behold...what is this on this store shelf? That's right... banana clips. I guess I didn't really want them to make a real comeback or I suppose I would have snatched those puppies off the shelf immediately. I stood there looking at them...should I? Naw... well, maybe... I've always wanted to know what they'd look like. Naw... It'll just end up being 3 more pieces of junk under my bathroom sink. So I didn't. But mainly because I'm cheap.












So speaking of being cheap, the other thing I asked and received for lately was this. When I got back from the mainland last Friday, I checked my mailbox. There was this little package from Stonelifter. We had had a conversation about soap earlier. He was raving about the wonders of this Rocky Mountain Soap Co. He was particularily fond of their Pumpkin Patch soap. I told him I'd have to take his word for it as I am too cheap to spend money on fancy soaps. I just keep my fingers crossed at Christmas and hope for some in my stocking....and then proceed to Costco where I buy the biggest, cheapest pack of Ivory soap available. Well, I go inside and open up my little package and wouldn't you know it, it's a bar of Rocky Mountain Soap! And I have to tell you...it IS wonderful soap. He sent me the Field and Stream bar. So in return, I sent him some rockets and a Fat Pig as a thankyou. It took me a couple days to post this because I wanted to surprise him with my thankyou. So...Thanks Stonelifter!! I love my soap. It was very thoughtful of you.









The other day I was in a health food store and came across this bottled water. I found this very disturbing. Almost as diturbing as when I came across Paul Reiser's book "Couplehood" in the self help section in a book store.