Monday, September 03, 2007

It's 1:30PM and I have barely left the couch. I feel sick to my stomach, and that's bumming me out. I am having a little pity party on the couch, if anyone would like to join me.

So today is a holiday. Labor Day. To celebrate, I will not labor at all.
I was trying to think of something to post about when I remembered it was Labor Day (thanks DG for the text reminding me) which reminded me of Victoria Day, the last long weekend we had here in, well, Victoria. My friend was in town visiting me and we went downtown to go walk around and get in a good dose of people watching and possibly even trip a tourist or two.
Well, to make a long story short, and get on with the photographic evidence, I had to pee. We were down on the boardwalk, and there were so many people. I was more than a little nervous as I walked towards the bathrooms. Preoccupied with the thought of how many different ways the integrity of the washroom had been compromised... I knew it would be gross. I expected it to be gross. But what I didn't prepare myself for was the possibility that there would be no toilet paper. ANYWHERE. I was pissed. (haha) But I am also very creative and resourceful. And I had to go. So, on with the show right?
Here, we have my options. I was going to take a picture of the first waste receptacle I looked in just for pure shock value, but didn't. This is where you thank me. You would have tossed your cookies. It was just waaaaaay too gross...even for me....and would have been in my face, literally, as I tired to hover over a pee drizzled seat with the grace of a swimming cat. I was actually quite pleased with my find. At first I contemplated just using the cup. Then in the most excellent Maguiver-like fashion, I rigged this shit up.I even had the foresight to save some for later. I even tore some off for my friend. She may be more graceful than I am in her straddling toilet seat technique, but just as thankful of my corrigated cardboard sleeve find, as I was.