Monday, February 04, 2008

My brain is cloudy. I can't snap out of it.

You like the way I think hey?













I can't get her to work properly. Click here to see her in action







If your see this lady turning clockwise you are using your right brain.
If you see it the other way, you are using left brain.
Some people do see both ways, but most people see it only one way.
See if you can make her go one way and then the other by shifting the brain's current.
BOTH DIRECTIONS CAN BE SEEN
Experimentation has shown that the two different sides, or hemispheres, of the brain are responsible for different manners of thinking.
The following table illustrates the differences between leftbrain thinking and right brain

Left Brain:
Logical
Sequential
Rational
Analytical
Obejctive
Looks at parts

Right Brain:
Random
Intuitive
Synthesizing
Subjective
Looks at wholes
Most individuals have a distinct preference for one of these styles of thinking. Some, however, are more whole-brained and equally adept at both modes. In general, schools tend to favor left-brain modes of thinking, while downplaying the right-brain ones. Left-brain scholastic subjects focus on logical thinking, analysis, and accuracy. Right-brained subjects, on the other hand, focus on aesthetics, feeling, and creativity. Some found that if they look at her middle peripherally, she will switch direction!

BBC sent me this post in an email, actually. What I found interesting, was when it mentioned that schools tend to focus on left-brain thinkers. This got me to thinking...maybe this is why I did so poorly in school. Then I remembered how little I actually went, especially in the later grades... you know, the grades that actually counted.